Payroll or Matched Giving
Payroll Giving is an easy way for people to donate to charity through their salary. People can donate to the charity of their choice, and can give as much or as little as they wish. Donations are deducted from salaries before tax, making it a tax-efficient way to give.
Employers can also offer Matched Giving. By matching your employee’s gift you demonstrate the value your organisation places on generating sustainable income for charities. You also enable an employee’s gift to The Prince’s Initiative to be worth double the amount.
What are the benefits to the employer?
- Payroll Giving enhances your organisation’s social responsibility profile. It entitles you to use the Payroll Giving Quality Mark. This recognises and rewards organisations for making Payroll Giving available to staff
- It improves staff morale by showing them that you care about the causes that are important to them
- Employees will appreciate the opportunity to give through a tax-efficient process
- Any administration costs involved are tax deductible
- It enables your staff to give regularly to The Prince’s Initiative which will help us to fulfil our aim of supporting the over 50s who are unemployed or facing redundancy
Thousands of companies of all sizes in the UK offer Payroll or Matched Giving schemes to their staff and as an employer, it is easy and inexpensive to set up. All modern payroll systems can be set up to handle Payroll Giving and there are no extra tax forms to fill in. To set up the scheme, all you have to do is sign up with an approved Payroll Giving Agency – for example, The Charities Aid Foundation Workplace Giving UK.
Once the scheme is set up with an agency, they will help you to promote Payroll Giving to your employees. Individuals who want to support The Prince’s Initiative will then have their gift deducted from their salary on a regular basis.
For more information about setting up Payroll or Matched Giving, email email@example.com